1. What is the Nest Thermostat and what does it do.
- The Nest Thermostat is a programmable, Wi-Fi enabled thermostat that can be controlled from your phone.
- It learns your personal temperature preferences and adjusts the heat or air conditioning accordingly.
- It also tracks how much energy you use and will suggest ways to save money on your electric bill.
- You can set up the Nest Thermostat so it starts cooling down the house before you get home from work in summer months.
- In winter, it can start warming up the house before you wake up in the morning.
- When away for an extended period of time, it will turn itself off completely to prevent energy waste.
2. How to set up your Nest Thermostat.
- Connect your Nest Thermostat to Wi-Fi.
- Set up a schedule for when you want the home heated or cooled.
- Customize your heating and cooling preferences (temperature, fan speed, etc.)
- Use Auto-Away to save energy by turning off the system when no one is home.
- Add a Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm to make sure your family stays safe at home.
3. Tips for using your Nest Thermostat.
- Set your Nest Thermostat to Away when you leave the house.
- Use Auto-Away to turn down the temperature when it senses no activity in your home for a while.
- Use Heatwave alerts to make sure you never forget about turning off the air conditioner on hot days.
- Get notified by phone, email, or text message if there’s an emergency at home like a fire or power outage (for free.)
- Turn on Nightly Refreshing so that your thermostat learns how warm or cool you like things and adjusts accordingly.
- Create custom schedules for different days of the week so that everything is just right for every day of the week.
4. Why you should buy a Nest thermostat.
- The Nest thermostat saves you money on your power bills.
- Smart home technology is the future and Nest is leading the way with their innovative products.
- You can control it from your phone or tablet, so you’ll never have to worry about forgetting to turn off the heat again!
- It’s easy enough for anyone in your family to use – no matter how old they are.
- There’s a 24/7 live customer service line if anything goes wrong
- And it looks great too! Who wouldn’t want this sleek looking device in their living room or kitchen?!
5. Pros and cons of buying a nest thermostat.
- The Nest thermostat can be controlled by a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- The Nest learns your habits and adjusts the temperature accordingly.
- It is expensive to buy £196 – £208 GBP for an installation fee and monthly subscription service fees.
- Nest does not work with heating systems that are powered by gas or oil.
- Overall, I would recommend buying a nest thermostat if you have the money available because it saves energy costs and makes life easier!
6. Where to purchase a nest thermostat.
- The best place to purchase a nest thermostat is at an online retailer because you will get it much cheaper than in-store prices.
- You can buy a nest thermostat from many different retailers, including Lowe’s and Home Depot or you can do so down below:
Google Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation, Black – Smart Thermostat – A Brighter Way To Save Energy
Google Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation, White – Smart Thermostat – A Brighter Way To Save Energy